Total leads European shares lower on Russia worries
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.2 pct
* Total stock hit by worries over Russia investment
* Peugeot jumps after posting positive results
* So far, 58 pct of companies meet or beat forecasts
* Investors await U.S. GDP, Fed statement
By Blaise Robinson
PARIS, July 30 (Reuters) - European stocks dipped on Wednesday, with shares in oil major Total falling on worries over its investments in Russia and after posting a drop in profits.
Shares in the French group, one of the top foreign investors in Russia, dropped 3 percent after saying that it stopped buying shares in Russia's Novatek the day of the downing of a Malaysia Airlines flight over Ukraine.
Last April, Total forecast that Russia would become its biggest source of oil and gas output by 2020 thanks to its partnership with Novatek and their Yamal LNG project in Siberia. Continuación...