Ukraine concerns, weak German economic data weigh on European shares
* FTSEurofirst 300 off 1.4 pct
* Russian troops gather near Ukraine border
* DAX hit; German industrial orders slide
* Italy slips back into recession, FTSE MIB sharply lower
* Reinsurers weaken after results
By Tricia Wright
LONDON, Aug 6 (Reuters) - A ratcheting up of tensions in Ukraine and concerns about the strength of Europe's economic recovery combined to knock European shares back onto a steep downward path on Wednesday.
The FTSEurofirst 300 was down 1.4 percent at 1,316.28 points by 1100 GMT, its lowest level since mid-April, on reports of a build-up of Russian troops near the border with Ukraine, and also on evidence that the crisis there was affecting Germany, Europe's largest economy.
German industrial orders slid in June at their steepest rate since September 2011 as geopolitical risks made firms cautious and euro zone demand fell. Continuación...