UPDATE 3-Nestle plans $8.8 bln share buyback, sees emerging markets pick up
(Adds CFO comment on emerging markets, shares, background)
* H1 net profit 4.6 bln Sfr vs forecast 5 bln
* Organic sales growth 4.7 pct vs 4.5 pct forecast
* Confirms full-year sales outlook
* To launch 8 bln Sfr share buyback
* Shares rise more than 3 percent
By Silke Koltrowitz
ZURICH, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Nestle announced an 8 billion Swiss franc ($8.8 billion) share buyback on Thursday and revealed stronger sales growth in emerging markets in contrast to other big consumer products companies.
The share buyback follows Nestle's sale of an 8 percent stake in French cosmetics company L'Oreal earlier this year and the repurchase plan was bigger than originally expected by the market. Continuación...