UPDATE 2-Beiersdorf results disappoint as emerging markets stutter
* Q2 EBIT 217 mln eur vs Rtrs poll avg 225 mln
* Sales in Latam hit by Venezuela, Argentina
* CEO says China, Thailand, Vietnam cooling down
* Sees 2014 EBIT margin above 13 percent
* Shares drop 3.3 percent, top DAX decliner (Adds CEO, analysts comments, background, details)
By Kirsti Knolle
FRANKFURT, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Nivea skin cream maker Beiersdorf reported lower-than- expected quarterly results and struck a slightly more cautious approach for its full year outlook as growth in once promising emerging markets stuttered.
Consumer goods companies like Beiersdorf, L'Oreal and Unilever had previously seen growing demand from increasingly brand-conscious consumers in Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America as a way to compensate for saturated Western European markets.
"Markets are cooling down dramatically," Beiersdorf CEO Stefan Heidenreich said on Thursday, citing in particular China, Thailand and Vietnam. Continuación...