UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 12
LONDON Aug 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract edged down by 0.1 percent on Tuesday, as tensions between Ukraine and Russia kept investors on edge. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up by 65.46 points, or 1 percent, at 6,632.82 points on Monday, bouncing back from a 3.3 percent fall over the previous two weeks.
* RUSSIA/UKRAINE: A Russian convoy of 280 trucks carrying humanitarian aid for Ukraine set off on Tuesday amid Western warnings against using help as a pretext for an invasion.
* BAE : BAE Systems, Europe's largest defence firm, has been awarded a 348 million-pound ($584 million) contract by the British government to build three new Offshore Patrol Vessels, formalising an initial deal agreed last year.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE : GlaxoSmithKline faces new allegations that it bribed Syrian doctors and officials to boost sales of its medicines, following recent accusations of corruption in its non-prescription business in the country.
* STANDARD CHARTERED : Standard Chartered Plc will soon begin sifting through a mountain of data for signs of possible money laundering or other criminal activity, as a result of faults in the software critical to its anti-money laundering compliance program, two sources with knowledge of the matter said.
* BARCLAYS : Bloomberg News reported that a Barclays quant trading unit was to take 60 employees in a spin-out. Continuación...