Europe stocks slip as Fed jitters eclipse M&A fever
(Updates with closing levels, details)
* FTSEurofirst 300 falls 0.2 pct to two-week low
* Worries about U.S. rates and Scottish referendum
* French stocks under pressure before confidence vote
* "Expect turbulence," Wells Fargo AM's Paulsen says
* Investors shunning UK assets -BoA-Merrill survey
By Blaise Robinson
PARIS, Sept 16 (Reuters) - European stocks fell on Tuesday, with a regional index hitting a two-week low, as this week's referendum on independence in Scotland and the Federal Reserve's policy meeting kept investors on edge.
France's CAC 40 lost 0.4 percent, retreating before a confidence vote in the French parliament later on Tuesday. The government finally conceded last week that near-zero growth would prevent it from bringing its public deficit below three percent of output next year. Continuación...