UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 9.
LONDON Oct 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract rose 0.7 percent on Thursday, with the London stock market set to track gains on global equities due to expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will not start hiking interest rates until the economy becomes strong enough to absorb such a move.
For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down by 0.2 percent, or 13.34 points, at 6,482.24 points on Wednesday.
* U.S. FEDERAL RESERVE: Federal Reserve officials want to tie an interest-rate rise to U.S. economic progress, but the minutes of their last policy meeting show they are struggling with how to come to grips with the dual threats of a stronger dollar and a global slowdown.
* RIO TINTO : Rio Tinto said falling iron ore prices would lead to the elimination of 125 million tonnes of iron ore supply among higher cost producers in 2014.
* The Bank of England holds a policy meeting on Thursday.
* BARCLAYS : Barclays has agreed to pay nearly $20 million to resolve a U.S. class action lawsuit accusing the British bank of manipulating the Libor benchmark interest rate, according to court papers filed Wednesday.
* OLD MUTUAL : Insurance and financial services group Old Mutual said it had priced the IPO of OM Asset Management at $14 per share.
* HAYS : British recruiting firm Hays reported an underlying 9 percent rise in first-quarter net fees on Thursday, boosted by good performances across all its regions including Britain, Australia and Germany. Continuación...