UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 20
LONDON Oct 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract rose 0.3 percent on Monday, with the cash market also set to add to the previous session's sharp rebound after robust U.S. macro data helped soothe worries over the pace of global growth. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up by 1.9 percent at 6,310.29 points on Friday.
* TESCO : The investigation into a 250 million pound ($402 million) profit overstatement at supermarket operator Tesco Plc has unearthed evidence of "inappropriate behaviour" by staff, two national newspapers reported on Sunday.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE /EBOLA: Britain's biggest drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline said on Saturday work to develop a vaccine to combat Ebola, which has killed thousands in West Africa, was moving at a rapid pace.
* SHIRE /SEVERN TRENT : British water supplier Severn Trent has appointed James Bowling, currently interim chief financial officer (CFO) at drugmaker Shire, as its new finance director following the planned retirement of its current CFO.
* STANDARD CHARTERED : Standard Chartered has notified thousands of UAE small and medium enterprise customers it is closing their accounts as it responds to pressure from US regulators to cut its risks following an anti-money laundering settlement.
* CLOSE BROTHERS : The UK bank and financial services group sold its Close Brothers Seydler Bank AG unit to Oddo & Cie for 46 million euros. Continuación...