UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 23
LONDON Oct 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 December futures contract fell 0.5 percent on Thursday, with the cash market also set to decline with weak results from supermarket store Tesco and consumer goods group Unilever likely to weigh on the market. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index finished 0.4 percent higher at 6,339.73 points on Wednesday.
* TESCO : Britain's biggest grocer Tesco reported a larger than expected hole in its accounts on Thursday, forcing it to scrap its full-year trading profit outlook.
* UNILEVER : Unilever reported a weaker-than-expected 2.1 percent rise in third-quarter sales on Thursday as a slowdown in emerging markets continued to crimp performance.
* REED ELSEVIER : Anglo Dutch media and information group Reed Elsevier said a 4 percent rise in underlying revenue in the first nine months kept it on track to meet its goal of growing revenue and profit this year.
* ANGLO AMERICAN : Mining company Anglo American lifted its full-year iron ore production target.
* DEBENHAMS : Debenhams, Britain's No. 2 department store chain, posted a 21 percent slump in annual profit, as expected, mainly reflecting a disastrous first half when warm autumn and winter weather dented sales in the run-up to last Christmas. Continuación...