UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 4
LONDON Nov 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract edged down by 0.2 percent on Tuesday, with commodity stocks in focus as iron prices dropped to close to their weakest level since 2009 while Brent crude oil prices also fell. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down by 0.9 percent at 6,487.97 points on Monday.
* LEGAL & GENERAL : Insurer Legal & General saw a rise in net cash generation in the first nine months of 2014, helped by sales of bulk annuities.
* ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS : Associated British Foods posted a 6 percent rise in full year earnings, with strong performances from the group's Primark discount fashion chain and grocery division offseting the adverse impact of lower sugar prices.
* IMPERIAL TOBACCO : Imperial Tobacco Group reported declines in full-year revenue and profit on Tuesday, hurt by currency exchange rates and a reduction of inventories in several markets.
* GLENCORE : Glencore posted a 8 percent increase in copper output in the first nine months of the year thanks to strong production from its African operations and said its trading arm performed in line with its expectations.
* ASTRAZENECA : AstraZeneca has agreed to buy Definiens, a private company that has developed a way of unlocking information from cancer tissue samples, for an initial $150 million. Continuación...