UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov. 11
LONDON Nov 11 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is expected to open 4 to 9 points higher, or as much as 0.1 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Futures for the index were up 0.3 percent by 0742 GMT.
* The FTSE 100 closed 0.7 percent higher at 6,611.25 points in the previous session.
* VODAFONE - The world's second-biggest mobile operator nudged its forecasts for core earnings higher after reporting a sharp improvement in its main quarterly revenue measurement as demand for mobile services improved in its big European markets.
* BP - The oil major has failed to persuade a federal judge to oust the administrator overseeing payouts to businesses and individuals claiming damages arising from the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
* LAND SECURITIES GROUP - The company said its first half revenue profit was up 8.6 percent.
* FRIENDS LIFE GROUP - The company posted a decline in quarterly value of new business.
* British retail spending recovered modestly last month after falling sharply in September, helped by consumers splashing out on big-ticket items like furniture, an industry survey showed on Tuesday.
* J SAINSBURY'S - The grocer's appeal against arch rival Tesco PLC's "Price Promise" advertising campaign has been dismissed by Britain's High Court. Continuación...