CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-Carrefour closer to Brazil listing with Diniz deal
(corrects valuation of Brazil business in paragraph 8)
* Abilio Diniz buys 10 pct stake in Carrefour Brazil
* Diniz pays about 1.8 billion reais ($663 million)
* Also has option to raise stake to max 16 pct
* Brazilian business could be listed in future
* Carrefour raises cash for Brazil expansion, Diniz back in retail
By Dominique Vidalon and Andrew Callus
PARIS, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Carrefour has sold a 10 percent stake in its Brazilian business to billionaire Abilio Diniz, in a first step towards a possible separate listing, as Europe's largest retailer looks to raise cash to accelerate growth in its second-largest market.
With its core French market on the mend, Carrefour head Georges Plassat has long said he wanted to speed up expansion in fast-growing Brazil and China, and that a flotation in Brazil was one of its funding options. Continuación...