UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 7
LONDON Jan 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up by 12 to 15 points, or as much as 0.2 percent higher on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index fell 0.8 percent to 6,366.51 points on Tuesday.
* SAINSBURY : British grocer Sainsbury's posted a better than expected performance in the Christmas quarter, though it was still hurt by a loss of share to discounters and an intensifying industry price war.
* PERSIMMON : Persimmon, Britain's biggest housebuilder by market value, reported a 23 percent year-on-year rise in full-year revenue to 2.6 billion pounds ($4 billion), slightly ahead of analyst estimates.
* EASYJET : Budget airline easyJet reported a 3.2 percent rise in December passenger numbers.
* AGGREKO : Power generator company Aggreko announced new contract wins.
* AFREN : Shares in oil group Afren were expected to rise, with traders citing the Daily Telegraph's stock market report that the company could get a counterbid for it. Continuación...