European shares buoyed by rise in retail stocks
* Metro and Morrison lead rally in retail shares
* Energy stocks underperform as oil price falls
* Weaker oil price seen as good for consumer spending
* Greek ATG equity index up nearly 4 pct as vote looms
* Italian presidency situation eyed by traders
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Jan 13 (Reuters) - A rise in retail shares pushed up European equities on Tuesday, while expectations of new economic stimulus measures from the European Central Bank (ECB) also propped up stock markets.
The STOXX Europe 600 Retail Index rose 3 percent, outperforming a 1.5 percent advance in the broader, pan-European STOXX 600 index and a similar rise in the pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index.
German retailer Metro AG surged 6.5 percent after it reported strong Christmas sales. Continuación...