European shares roused by rally in retailers
* Metro and Morrison lead rally in retail shares
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 1.4 pct at 1,375.76 points
* EDF rises on new French nuclear reactor plans
* Greek ATG equity index up 3.3 pct as vote looms
* Italian presidency situation eyed by traders
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Jan 13 (Reuters) - Retail shares led European equities higher on Tuesday, with expectations of new economic stimulus measures from the European Central Bank also helping to prop up stock markets.
The STOXX Europe 600 Retail Index rose 2.9 percent, outperforming a 1.4 percent advance in the broader, pan-European STOXX 600 index and a similar rise in the pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index.
German retailer Metro AG climbed 4.5 percent after strong Christmas sales. Continuación...