UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 17
(Adds futures price, more company news items)
LONDON, March 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract was flat, with the cash market seen opening down by 8-14 points, or as much as 0.2 percent lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.9 percent higher at 6,804.08 points on Monday after dropping 2.5 percent last week in what was its biggest weekly decline since December.
* SAINSBURY : British supermarket Sainsbury's posted a fifth straight quarter of declining underlying sales and said it did not expect the trading environment to improve any time soon.
* ANTOFAGASTA : Chilean copper miner Antofagasta posted a drop in annual profits and revenues.
* BHP BILLITON : BHP Billiton has put far less debt than expected into its $13 billion South32 spin-off, positioning the company formed from its unloved assets to weather tough markets and still pay a dividend.
* SEVERN TRENT : Utility Severn Trent announced investment plans in the renewable energy sector.
* RSA : British insurer RSA Insurance Group Plc is considering selling its business in Latin America as part of a broad restructuring plan, the Financial Times reported. Continuación...