UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 2
LONDON, April 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening flat on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The blue-chip index closed 0.5 percent higher at 6,809.50 points in the previous session, after a 1.7 percent slide on Tuesday that trimmed its first quarter gains to 3.2 percent.
* Oil prices fell on Thursday as attention returned to nuclear talks with Iran, with the prospects for a deal and an increase in Iranian crude exports helping to keep pressure on prices.
* London copper drifted towards two-week lows on Thursday as traders showed little urgency to lock-in stocks given sluggish demand growth in top consumer China, instead squaring positions ahead of a four-day Easter weekend in some countries.
* The UK stock market will be closed on Friday and Monday for a public holiday.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
- Q4 2014 Marks and Spencer Trading Statement Release
- Full Year 2014/15 Tate & Lyle Trading Statement Release Continuación...