UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 7
LONDON, April 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up by 30 to 31 points, or 0.5 percent higher on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index ended up 0.4 percent at 6,833.46 points on Thursday. The London market was closed for the Easter holiday on Friday and Monday.
* SHIRE : Pharmaceutical firm Shire said on Tuesday it had agreed with U.S. regulators the steps it would take to submit a candidate drug to treat hyperactivity in adults for clearance.
* ROYAL MAIL : Traders said postal and logistics group Royal Mail's shares could rise in the wake of FedEx's offer to buy Dutch peer TNT Express.
* RYANAIR : Irish airline Ryanair reported a rise in March passenger traffic.
* FLYBE : Airline Flybe said it expected its annual results to meet market expectations.
* VEDANTA : Cairn India Ltd, India's largest private-sector oil producer, said on Monday it had moved the Delhi High Court against a $3.3 billion tax demand from Indian authorities related to its listing in 2007. The company, a unit of London-listed Vedanta Resources Plc, said it had filed a writ petition seeking "quashing/setting aside" of the order passed by the tax authorities. Continuación...