UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 22
(Adds company news items)
LONDON, June 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract rose 0.7 percent on Monday, with European equity futures advancing on expectations of progress in talks between Greece and its creditors. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed flat at 6,710.45 points on Friday.
* GREECE: The European Union welcomed new proposals from Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras as a "good basis for progress" at talks on Monday where creditors want 11th-hour concessions to haul Athens back from the brink of bankruptcy.
* BRITISH ECONOMY/AUSTERITY CUTS: British finance minister George Osborne has said he will press ahead with hefty cuts to welfare in a budget statement next month, a day after tens of thousands of people marched against austerity in central London.
* BRITISH AIRPORTS: A decades-long battle to expand Britain's overcrowded airports is set for a crunch decision in the coming weeks, as the world's fifth-largest economy seeks to resolve a row that has bedevilled successive governments and risks choking economic growth.
* SKY : Shares in British media group Sky were indicated 5 percent higher, with traders citing a report in The Sunday Telegraph newspaper that the Murdoch family had knocked back two approaches for its stake in Sky - from Vodafone and the French media giant Vivendi - stoking speculation they are planning a fresh attempt to take full control of Britain's top pay-television operator. Continuación...