European shares retreat as Greek and telecoms stocks drop
* Athens' ATG index falls after rising 15 pct in last 2 days
* Shares in Numericable, Bouygues, Altice slump
* Bouygues rejects Altice offer for telecoms arm
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, June 24 (Reuters) - European stock markets gave back some of the gains made earlier in the week as doubts returned on Wednesday over Greece's debt crisis and French telecoms shares slumped after Bouygues rejected a bid.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index fell 0.4 percent, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index dropped 0.8 percent.
Athens' benchmark ATG equity index, which had risen 15 percent in the last two days, fell 3.6 percent and the Greek bank index dropped 7.2 percent after a Greek official said Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras told associates that measures proposed by his government had not been accepted by creditors. . Continuación...