(Adds more items)
LONDON, June 26 (Reuters) - Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening down by 13-17 points, or 0.3 percent lower on Friday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.5 percent at 6,807.82 points on Thursday.
* GREECE: Greece failed again to clinch a deal with its international creditors on Thursday, setting up a last-ditch effort on Saturday to avert a default next week or start preparing to protect the euro zone from financial market turmoil.
* BRITAIN/EU: Prime Minister David Cameron told European Union leaders on Thursday he needed a new deal to keep Britain as a member, opening a struggle over the bloc’s future at a summit preoccupied with keeping Greece from crashing out.
* TESCO : Britain’s biggest retailer, Tesco, is expected to report that a tentative recovery in its key home market has stalled. Its sales update on Friday, ahead of a potentially stormy annual shareholders’ meeting later in the day, could also see new boss Dave Lewis formally announce that the supermarket operator is examining the possible disposal of its South Korean business, Homeplus.
* CVC/KKR/ENDESA: Private equity funds CVC and KKR are studying a bid for a sizeable stake in Endesa, the Spanish subsidiary of Italian energy group Enel, sources with knowledge of the matter said.
* BP : Penn Virginia Corp’s shares rose as much as 23 percent on Thursday following a report that BP Plc had offered to buy the U.S. oil and gas producer for $8 per share.
* TUNGSTEN : Edi Truell plans to take Tungsten private, the Financial Times reported.
* BBC: British telecoms regulator Ofcom is to take charge of the BBC, the Daily Telegraph reported.
* COPPER: London copper was on track for its first weekly climb since mid-May on Friday.
* OIL: Oil prices were little changed in thin trade on Friday.
TODAY‘S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta)