UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 1
(Adds futures prices, company news items)
LONDON, July 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures rose 0.3 percent on Wednesday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 1.5 percent at 6,520.98 points on Tuesday, its lowest level in around five and a half months.
* GREECE: Greece's last-minute overtures to international creditors for financial aid on Tuesday were not enough to save the country from becoming the first developed economy to default on a loan with the International Monetary Fund.
* UK BANKS/HSBC : HSBC will face a bill of around 1.5 billion pounds ($2.4 billion) to shield its domestic retail customers from riskier parts of its operations, the chairman of its UK business told lawmakers on Tuesday.
* SANTANDER UK : Santander's British arm has set up a structure to meet new rules requiring banks to separate their retail banking arms, and appointed bosses for its retail and corporate divisions, a source familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
* BBC: The BBC is expected to cut hundreds of jobs, The Guardian reported. Continuación...