UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 3
(Adds details, company news)
LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 headed for a steady open on Friday after gaining in the previous two sessions, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.3 percent higher at 6,630.47 points on Thursday. However, it remained on course to record its worst week in a month.
* Futures for the index were down 0.2 percent by 0626 GMT.
* UK BANKS - Fifteen of the world's largest banks, including Barclays , HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland and Standard Chartered , are under investigation on suspicion of rigging the Brazilian currency, antitrust watchdog Cade said on Thursday.
* HSBC - Dutch lender ING Group is set to win the auction to buy HSBC's Turkish business, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* CENTRICA - An unplanned outage at Centrica's North Morecambe gas field has stopped production due to a technical process issue, with flows expected to resume at midday, Centrica said in a market message.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND - The Financial Times reported that the bank could have to pay $13 billion to resolve allegations that it misled buyers of mortgage-backed securities. Lawyers representing U.S.'s FHFA demanded that RBS and Nomura Holdings Inc, another bank involved, post bonds to guarantee payment of $806 million, which a U.S. judge had approved earlier.
* London copper was set for a second weekly rise on Friday, underpinned by prospects of a demand recovery later in the year and as short holders closed positions, but traders said concerns over Greece and slowing growth in China would crimp gains. Continuación...