UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct. 9
(Adds company news)
LONDON Oct 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 51 to 58 points higher, or up as much as 0.9 percent, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.6 percent higher at 6,374.82 points on Thursday.
* Futures for the index were up 0.9 percent by 0632 GMT.
* GLENCORE - Commodities giant Glencore said on Friday it will cut 500,000 tonnes of zinc production, or around 4 percent of global supply, in its latest move to withstand weak commodities prices.
* LLOYDS BANKING GROUP - Britain's government said on Friday it had sold off another 1 percent of its stake in Lloyds Banking Group, trimming its total interest in the bailed-out lender to below 11 percent.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND - The bank said that it plans to convert UK government B-shares into ordinary shares.
* LADBROKES - Bookmaker Ladbrokes Plc said it had signed a 1.35 billion pound ($2.07 billion) facility with banks to fund its proposed merger with Gala Coral.
* NATIONAL GRID - The utility company set the initial conversion price for bonds due in 2020. Continuación...