(Adds futures prices, company news items)
LONDON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Britain’s FTSE 100 futures edged down 0.1 percent on Tuesday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.7 percent at 6,371.18 points on Monday.
* SAB MILLER /ABI : Anheuser-Busch InBev and SAB Miller said on Tuesday they had agreed terms for a takeover, with the world’s largest brewer set to pay 44 pounds ($68) per share in cash for its smaller rival.
* BARCLAYS : Britain’s third largest bank Barclays PLC is close to naming former JPMorgan Chase banker Jes Staley as chief executive, a move that could signal a renewed focus on the investment banking division that had been pared back under previous CEO Antony Jenkins.
* WORLDPAY: British payments processor Worldpay Group Ltd IPO-WORLD.L has priced its listing on the London Stock Exchange at 240 pence per share, valuing the business at 4.8 billion pounds ($7.4 billion).
* ROYAL MAIL : The British government said on Monday it would sell the remainder of its stake in Royal Mail, bringing to an end its ownership of a postal service that it started privatising in controversial fashion in 2013. On Tuesday, Britain said it had sold a 13 percent stake in Royal Mail.
* BELLWAY : Housebuilder Bellway reported higher profits and said it would build more homes this year.
* MICHAEL PAGE : Recruitment company Michael Page reported growth in its business during the third quarter. It also said its chairman would step down.
* FLYBE : Airline Flybe reported a marginal decline in revenue per seat during the second quarter.
* UK RETAIL SECTOR: British retail spending rose rapidly last month, boosted by a holiday weekend and the Rugby World Cup falling in this year’s September survey period, the British Retail Consortium said on Tuesday.
* FORMER NORTHERN ROCK LOANS: Three consortia have submitted bids to buy 13 billion pounds ($20 billion) of former Northern Rock loans being sold by the British government, drawing in big names including JPMorgan and Blackstone, several people familiar with the matter said.
TODAY‘S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta)