UK Factors-FTSE futures rise, Unilever sales rise
(Adds futures price, company news items)
LONDON Oct 15 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract were up 0.3 percent on Thursday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 1.2 percent at 6,269.61 points on Wednesday.
* UNILEVER : Consumer goods maker Unilever reported better than expected third-quarter sales on Thursday.
* BURBERRY : Britain's Burberry missed forecasts for first-half sales growth and highlighted an increasingly challenging environment for luxury sales, hit particularly by greater caution amongst Chinese customers.
* TESCO : Britain's biggest retailer Tesco has agreed the sale of 14 development sites to a fund and clients advised by the real estate investment manager Meyer Bergman for 250 million pounds ($386.8 million) as part of its property retrenchment.
* MAN GROUP : Man Group, the world's largest listed hedge fund, reported a 2.5 percent fall in assets under management in the three months to the end of September, hit by sharp falls in global markets during the period. Continuación...