UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday October 16
LONDON Oct 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 48 to 57 points higher, or up as much as 0.9 percent, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The blue-chip index finished 1.1 percent higher at 6,338.67 points in the previous session.
* David Cameron sought to defuse fellow EU leaders' frustration over a lack of detail in his demand for new membership terms from the bloc by promising on Thursday to send them his wish-list in writing in early November.
* RIO TINTO - The miner posted a 17 percent rise in third-quarter iron ore shipments and said it was on track to meet a full-year target of 340 million tonnes, shrugging off risks from slower economic growth and peaking steel output in China.
* ROYAL DUTCH SHELL - Royal Dutch Shell has declared force majeure on base chemical products from its ethylene cracker complex in Singapore after operations were disrupted, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
* ASTRAZENECA - U.S. health regulators declined to approve AstraZeneca's fixed-dose combination of the diabetes drugs saxagliptin and dapagliflozin, dealing a blow to an important plank of the drugmaker's business. Continuación...