UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct. 19
(Adds futures prices, company news)
LONDON Oct 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 is seen opening about 4 points lower, or down 0.06 percent, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.6 percent at 6,378.04 points on Friday.
* Futures for the index were down 0.2 percent by 0639 GMT.
* ITV - Britain's biggest free-to-air commercial broadcaster said it had agreed to buy the TV business of Northern Irish network partner UTV for 100 million pounds ($154 million) in cash.
* SHIRE - Shire still hopes to launch its new dry eye drug lifitegrast next year, despite a decision by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration not to approve it based on current data, the firm's chief executive said on Monday.
* DIAGEO - Shares in Australia's Treasury Wine Estates Ltd jumped to a record on Monday as investors cheered its $552 million purchase of most of Diageo's U.S. and British wine operations, along with plans to issue shares to fund the offer.
* CARILLION - The support services company signed a contract with a homes and communities agency for an 80 million pound regeneration project in Leeds.
* LONDONMETRIC - The property company sold a further two retail assets for 32 million pounds. Continuación...