Carmakers climb as European shares extend ECB-led rally
* FTSEurofirst 300 and Euro STOXX 50 up around 1 pct
* Stock markets extend ECB-inspired rally
* Drop in euro buoys sectors such as carmakers
* Gjensidige surges after profits beat forecasts
* TalkTalk slumps after cyber attack on website
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Carmakers were among the best performing European shares on Friday as equity markets extended a rally from the previous day, with investors speculating there could be further monetary support from the European Central Bank (ECB).
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose 1 percent, building on a 2.1 percent gain in the previous session, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index also advanced 1.2 percent.
The STOXX Europe 600 Automobiles Index rose 2.2 percent to outperform other equity sectors. Continuación...