European shares extend ECB-led rally led by carmakers
(Adds details, quote)
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 1.6 pct, DAX up 2.2 pct
* Stock markets extend ECB-inspired rally
* Drop in euro buoys sectors such as carmakers
* Gjensidige surges after profits beat forecasts
* TalkTalk slumps after cyber attack on website
By Danilo Masoni and Sudip Kar-Gupta
MILAN/LONDON, Oct 23 (Reuters) - European shares extended a rally on Friday, led by carmakers as investors speculated there could be more monetary support from the European Central Bank (ECB).
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose 1.6 percent, building on a 2.1 percent gain in the previous session, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index also advanced 1.7 percent. Continuación...