European shares rise alongside stronger energy stocks, Fed in focus
(Adds details, updates prices)
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 1.1 percent
* Heineken, UCB, Volkswagen rally after results
* Meggitt sinks after profit warning
* Energy stocks extend gains as crude rallies
* Fed seen keeping rates unchanged
By Danilo Masoni and Alistair Smout
MILAN, Oct 28 (Reuters) - European shares extended gains on Wednesday, as energy stocks rose further on the back of a crude oil price rally, while investors were wary ahead of a Federal Reserve meeting widely expected to result in unchanged interest rates.
The FTSEurofirst 300 was up 1.1 percent, more than recouping Tuesday's 1 percent decline. The euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index rose 1.4 percent. Continuación...