(Updates with company news and futures prices)
LONDON, Nov 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 29-31 points, or around 0.5 percent on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.6 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 1.9 percent at 6,178.68 points on Thursday.
* HSBC HOLDINGS - HSBC Holdings plc board member Heidi Miller will take the chairmanship of HSBC North America at the end of 2015, as Rona Fairhead steps down, prior to her retirement at the 2016 general meeting, the bank announced on Friday.
* BHP BILLITON - The death toll from the iron ore mine dam disaster in Brazil has risen to nine, while 19 people remain missing, BHP Billiton, a co-owner of the mine said on Friday.
* Britain has sold 13 billion pounds ($19.78 billion) worth of former Northern Rock loans to private equity firm Cerberus in what it called the largest ever financial asset sale by a European government.
* Britain's government should set up a new body chaired by the finance minister to ensure banking regulation is not excessive and help coordinate policy so international banks can thrive in London, the country's banking lobby group said.
* The Bank of England does not see British households or businesses piling on too much debt, its chief economist Andy Haldane said on Friday, although he added that it bears watching.
* METALS PRICES - London copper held near six-year lows on Friday and was eyeing its fourth consecutive weekly drop as deteriorating China demand growth continued to suffocate prices.
* OIL PRICES - U.S. crude futures extended their losses into a third session and hit a more than two-month low on Friday, dragged down by a relentless climb in oil stockpiles that has triggered a 10 percent drop in prices since the start of November.
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Kit Rees and Danilo Masoni)