UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Wednesday Nov 25
(Updates with company news)
LONDON Nov 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 19 to 22 points higher, or up 0.4 percent on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures 0.3 percent higher ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.5 percent at 6,277.23 points on Monday.
* British finance minister George Osborne will renew his push to fix the country's public finances on Wednesday, taking a gamble that voters can accept four more years of deep spending cuts.
* British finance minister George Osborne will announce increased spending on housing on Wednesday, saying the government will support private developers and local authorities to encourage the construction of around 400,000 new homes.
* ROYAL DUTCH SHELL - The Ontario government on Tuesday ordered Shell Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, to pay C$825,000 ($620,487.36) in fines for discharging a contaminating odour from its Sarnia refinery in 2013.
* SHIRE - Drugmaker Shire is preparing to make a new takeover offer for U.S. biotech firm Baxalta that if successful will create one of the world's leading specialists in rare diseases, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
* TALKTALK - British police have arrested an 18-year-old youth from Wales in connection with a cyber attack on telecoms company TalkTalk, the fifth arrest in the case, police said in a statement late on Tuesday. Continuación...