European shares led higher by dividend hikers Metro and LafargeHolcim
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.9 percent
* New dividend from Metro as restructuring pays off
* Housebuilders boosted ahead of UK budget update
* Shire falls after Reuters reports of renewed interest in Baxalta
* Spanish banks lead IBEX lower
By Alistair Smout
LONDON, Nov 25 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Wednesday, buoyed after German retailer Metro and construction firm LafargeHolcim both announced new dividends.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 was 0.9 percent higher at 1,495.17, having fallen 1.6 percent over the first two sessions of the week.
German retailer Metro gained 5.2 percent after it raised its annual dividend more than expected and said it would pay out more of its profits every year from now on, citing the positive effects of restructuring and significantly improved net debt. Continuación...