UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov. 26
LONDON Nov 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 10 to 12 points higher, or up as much as 0.2 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index finished 1 percent higher at 6,337.64 points in the previous session.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE - GlaxoSmithKline has cut 40 percent of its sales reps in China and axed some units as it eyes a return to growth in 2016, after sales plunged during a bribery scandal that landed it with a record $490 million fine in 2014.
* RIO TINTO - The miner is lining up project financing for a $4 billion expansion of its long-delayed Oyu Tolgoi copper mine in Mongolia and will make a final investment decision early next year, a senior executive said on Thursday.
* TESCO - The company has agreed to pay $12 million to settle a U.S. shareholder lawsuit claiming that accounting irregularities inflated the share price of Britain's largest retailer.
* Brent crude oil futures eased but U.S. crude extended gains on Thursday on light trading due to the Thanksgiving holiday, after a smaller-than-expected inventory build in the United States and a fall in the number of U.S. rigs actively drilling for oil.
* Nickel in Shanghai surged more than 7 percent on Thursday amid expectations of production cuts, leading a broad-based rally in base metals after an early-week rout that pulled prices to multi-year lows.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Atul Prakash)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.