RPT-UPDATE 2-BTG Pactual may sell part of commodities unit after CEO held- source
* Commodities unit's success makes it candidate for part sale
* BTG Pactual Commodities has only modest physical assets
* Capital from new investor would benefit "all concerned" - source
* But sale to another bank would be difficult
* Banks pulling back from commodities due to tighter regulation (Repeats to add link to Breakingviews column)
By Sarah McFarlane and Dmitry Zhdannikov
LONDON, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Brazil's Grupo BTG Pactual SA is reviewing its assets and may sell part of its commodities unit to raise capital after the arrest of the bank's chief executive, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday.
BTG Pactual declined to comment.
Brazilian financier André Esteves resigned as chief executive officer and chairman of BTG Pactual late on Sunday after he was jailed as part of a corruption inquiry rapidly ensnaring Latin America's largest independent investment bank. Esteves, through his lawyer, has denied the allegations. Continuación...