European shares fall to lowest level in over a month
* FTSEurofirst 300 index down 0.5 pct, Euro STOXX 50 index down 0.6 pct at close
* Bayer falls on scrutiny of Xarelto drug
* Miner Anglo American extends losses on target cuts
* Fresnillo falls on burst pipeline
* Greek shares at lowest level since 2012 (Recasts, adds detail and quote, updates prices at close)
By Kit Rees
LONDON, Dec 9 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Wednesday to their lowest level in more than a month, weighed down by a drop at pharmaceuticals group Bayer and pressure on miner Anglo American.
Bayer shares fell by 2.1 percent as European and U.S. drug safety agencies probed whether a defective blood-clotting test device affected a trial involving Bayer's anti-blood clotting drug Xarelto.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index was down 0.5 percent at its close, its lowest since late October, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index also slipped by 0.6 percent. Continuación...