European shares hurt by weak earnings, disappointing U.S. data
* Pan-European index down 1.9 pct
* Markets extend losses after weak U.S. service data
* Syngenta rises after agreeing on ChemChina bid
* Fortum, KPN fall after weak earnings
* Italian lenders lead bank sector lower (Updates prices, adds details)
By Sudip Kar-Gupta and Danilo Masoni
LONDON/MILAN, Feb 3 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Wednesday as weak earnings from some leading companies weighed on markets, although Syngenta surged after ChemChina agreed a bid for the Swiss seeds and pesticides group.
Markets extended losses after a report in the United States said the service sector in the world's largest economy slowed more than expected in January, even though it still expanded.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which slid 2 percent on Tuesday, was down by 1.9 percent by 1525 GMT. The euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index retreated by 2.4 percent. Continuación...