European shares end lower on disappointing U.S data, weak earnings
* Pan-European index down almost 10 pct this year
* Markets extend losses after weak U.S. services data
* Syngenta rises after agreeing on ChemChina bid
* Fortum, Novo, KPN hit by weak earnings update
* Italian lenders lead bank sector lower (Adds details, updates prices)
By Danilo Masoni and Sudip Kar-Gupta
MILAN/LONDON, Feb 3 (Reuters) - European shares fell sharply on Wednesday as disappointing economic data from the United States further undermined sentiment already hurt by weak earnings updates.
Data showed the service sector in the world's No.1 economy slowed more than expected in January, raising worries weakness in manufacturing is spreading to other sectors.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which slid 2 percent on Tuesday, ended down 1.6 percent, bringing the decline so far this year to almost 10 percent. Continuación...