RPT-INSIGHT-Emerging markets industry sinks into post-boom soul searching
(Repeats Tuesday report)
* Emerging market mania once flabbergasted even specialists
* Pension fund wanted to put most of its money in high-risk sector
* Now emerging specialists slashing their businesses and jobs
* Barclays bank pulls out of Africa after a century
* Good emerging market firms dragged down with the bad
By Sujata Rao
LONDON, March 1 (Reuters) - After the dotcom bubble and the global credit crunch, it's the turn of the emerging markets industry to sink into post-boom soul searching.
The near mania that once flabbergasted even emerging market specialists is gone. Now many of the firms that grew to serve investors in the likes of China, Brazil or South Africa are slashing their businesses and jobs, with more cuts to come. Continuación...