European shares little changed before ECB; Voestalpine shines
* Pan-European STOXX 600 up 0.2
* ECB to keep rates on hold, expected to lift inflation target
* Voestalpine, Johnson Matthey rise after results
* Spanish banks buoyed by HSBC comments
* Munich Re weighed down by price target cuts (ADVISORY- Reuters plans to replace intra-day European and UK stock market reports with a Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets for site in development. See the bottom of the report for more details) Adds details, updates prices)
By Danilo Masoni and Alistair Smout
MILAN/LONDON, June 2 (Reuters) - European shares steadied on Thursday, with investors avoiding taking large positions ahead of the European Central Bank's (ECB) policy meeting later in the day, while Voestalpine was boosted by well-received results.
While keeping interest rates firmly on hold, the ECB is expected to raise growth and inflation forecasts, a rare positive step even as it emphasises persistent negative risks and a readiness to provide more stimulus.
However some investors expect some volatility when the central bank's chief Mario Draghi speaks after the policy announcement. Continuación...