European shares rise ahead of Britain's EU referendum result
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets) Adds details, closing prices)
* European markets make fifth straight day of gains
* STOXX 600 rises 1.5 percent to two week high
* Banks post strongest five-day winning streak since 2011
* Italian lenders outperform as govt bond yields drop
* Miners propped up by firmer copper prices
By Danilo Masoni
MILAN, June 23 (Reuters) - European shares rose for the fifth day running on Thursday, assisted by firmer banks and miners and expectations that Britain would vote to stay in the European Union.
The pan-European STOXX 600 and FTSEurofirst 300 indexes rose 1.5 and 1.3 percent respectively, both ending at their highest point in about two weeks. Continuación...