GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks at 8-mth high, France attack subdues Europe
* World stocks at 8-month high after reassuring China data
* Europe subdued, Paris CAC40 lower after Nice attack
* Dollar at 3-wk high vs yen, sterling set for best ever wk vs yen
* Crude oil futures give back some of Thursday's surge
* Gold set for first weekly fall in seven
By Marc Jones
LONDON, July 15 (Reuters) - Reassuring Chinese data lifted world stocks to an eight-month high on Friday though Europe ended an otherwise strong week subdued after an attack by a gunman at the wheel of a truck in the south of France killed at least 84 people.
Britain's FTSE 100 and Germany's DAX managed to shake off an early dip to be back level but France's CAC40 remained 0.4 percent lower after a gunman on Thursday evening ploughed into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in the Riviera resort of Nice.
News, though, that China's economy grew a slightly better-than-expected 6.7 percent in the second quarter as the government stepped up spending helped extend the week's global rally in risk assets. Continuación...