GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks at 8-mth high, France attack subdues Europe
* World stocks at 8-month high after reassuring China data
* Europe subdued, Paris CAC40 lower after Nice attack
* Dollar at 3-wk high vs yen, sterling set for best ever wk vs yen
* Crude oil futures give back some of Thursday's surge
* Gold set for first weekly fall in seven
By Marc Jones
LONDON, July 15 (Reuters) - Reassuring Chinese data lifted world stocks to an eight-month high on Friday though Europe ended an otherwise strong week subdued after an attack by a gunman at the wheel of a truck in the south of France killed at least 84 people.
Travel stocks and France's CAC 40 pushed Europe's main bourses down 0.5 percent after a gunman on Thursday evening ploughed into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in the Riviera resort of Nice.
Having set batch of record highs this week, Wall Street also looked set to open flat with traders bracing for a deluge of retail sales, consumer confidence, inflation and manufacturing data as well as a dump of corporate earnings. Continuación...