European shares get tech boost as SAP and ASML surge on results
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* STOXX 600 index rises 1 pct
* Tech stocks outperform as SAP, ASML rise
* But Anglo American leads mining stocks lower
* Hexpol slumps 11.9 pct after results miss forecasts
* Columbia Threadneedle Investments cuts equity allocation
By Atul Prakash
LONDON, July 20 (Reuters) - European shares advanced on Wednesday, with the technology sector leading the market higher after SAP and ASML reported forecast-beating quarterly results.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index and the similar FTSEurofirst 300 index both ended 1 percent higher, although they are down by 7 percent and 6 percent respectively so far in 2016. Continuación...