European shares edge ahead led by Ryanair, William Hill; energy stocks down
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets) Adds details, closing prices)
* STOXX 600 up 0.2 pct, DAX outperforms after IFO survey
* Ryanair rallies on bullish outlook
* William Hill surges on bid interest
* Monte Paschi plunges as stress test result looms
* Oil & gas index biggest sectoral faller
By Sudip Kar-Gupta and Danilo Masoni
LONDON/MILAN, July 25 (Reuters) - European shares inched higher on Monday, with low-cost airline Ryanair climbing after it issued a bullish outlook while shares in William Hill surged on bid interest from its rivals.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index rose 0.2 percent, but came off earlier highs as oil & gas shares extended losses after crude prices fell to 2-1/2-month lows. Continuación...