European shares weighed down by banks, oils; capital fall hits Commerzbank
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets) Adds details, closing prices) Adds details, updates prices)
* STOXX 600 down 0.4 pct, down 7 percent year to date
* Commerzbank leads banks lower
* Mediaset slumps after Vivendi backtracks on pay-TV deal
* BP falls after results in a weak oil sector
* But strong results lift Faurecia, AMS, UPM
By Danilo Masoni
MILAN, July 26 (Reuters) - European shares fell slightly on Tuesday as weaker bank and oil sectors weighed, with Commerzbank among the biggest fallers after the German lender disappointed with a decline in second-quarter core capital.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index was down 0.4 percent to 339.5 points by 0827 GMT. The index had touched a one-month high in the previous session but was still down more than 7 percent so far this year. Continuación...