European shares lifted by solid earnings but RBS slumps
(ADVISORY - Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets) Adds details, updates prices)
* STOXX 600 ends up 1.1 pct but posts weekly loss
* Well-received updates lift LafargeHolcim, Hugo Boss
* RBS slumps in positive bank sector after losses widen
* Novo Nordisk drops after guidance cut
* STOXX 600 down 7 pct so far in 2016
By Danilo Masoni
MILAN, Aug 5 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Friday, helped by solid earnings from companies including cement making group LafargeHolcim, but Royal Bank of Scotland slumped after weak results.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index ended up 1.1 percent, extending gains after better-than-expected U.S. jobs data, although the index posted its first week of declines in four. Continuación...