European shares steady near 8 month highs
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* STOXX Europe 600 falls 0.1 percent
* Banks drop again, continue losing run
* German industrial production sees steepest fall for 23 months
* Ashtead surges after lifting outlook
* Just Eat falls after Amazon launches rival delivery service
By Alistair Smout
LONDON, Sept 7 (Reuters) - European shares remained just off an 8 month high on Wednesday, supported by a rise in Weir Group and well-received company results which helped to counteract weak data out of Germany.
The STOXX Europe 600 edged down 0.1 percent to 349.25. The index hit its highest level since January on Monday, before weak data from the United States saw it fall back in the previous session. Continuación...