European shares fall, poised for biggest loss since June
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* STOXX Europe 600 falls 1.8 percent
* U.S. rate hike in September seen possible
* Volatility spikes after quiet summer
* Third straight session of losses after ECB
* E.ON drops after Uniper spin-off
By Alistair Smout
LONDON, Sept 12 (Reuters) - European shares sank in early deals on Monday, tracking falls in Asia and on course for their biggest drop in nearly three months as investors took bets on a possible near-term rate hike in the United States.
Stocks and bonds had sold off in Asia, with markets also questioning whether global central bank stimulus programmes were reaching the limits of their effectiveness. Continuación...